Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Haven't Satarted Living Yet.

So I have been slowly realizing lately that I have not been living my life. I mean I am living and doing things but I am NOT by any means living my life to the fullest. I see other people around me taking advantage of the fact that they can do pretty much anything they want to because they don;t have to worry about anything except classes and grades. Lots of my friends do tons of things on a whim and have wild, fun adventures. While they are living their lives to the fullest, I'm sitting in my dorm room watching TV and playing MyTown on facebook. I am not taking full advantage of being free of "adult" responsibilities. My brother once told me that college is a blink and to take full advantage of it while you can...I have epically failed doing so.

Next year, my junior year of college, I vow to try to get out more and try to get involved on campus. I need to get out there and experience as many different things as I can before *poof* its over. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can or should do to live my life to the fullest while Im still in college please don't hesitate to let me know!

1 comment:

  1. betty! oh my goodness, great post. as always! i think it is awesome that you have this new 'tude. i wish i was more like that! too often i find myself just content doing random crap, instead of, as you say "living."

    this semester i have seen so clearly that there is so much out there and that we have so much to appreciate, and going back to the States, i hope i will keep this ideology up.

    ideas (these are some i want to do when i get home, too!):
    have a picnic
    road trip
    see a theater performance
    play in a park!!
    prayer journal
    learn how to cook a new recipe
    paint yr nails

    ReplyDelete